Empire Comfort Systems 36" Boulevard Direct Vent Linear Contemporary Gas Fireplace - DVLL36BP92N
A Direct-Vent system uses two vent pipes. One draws air in from outdoors to support combustion. The other exhausts the by-products of combustion to the outside. The two vent pipes may be concentric (exhaust pipe within a larger diameter intake pipe) or co-linear (separate pipes of about the same size).
Combustion takes place inside a sealed chamber – with a glass front in the case of a fireplace. Room air circulates around the combustion chamber, often assisted by a blower, to heat the room.
A DV system is often installed along an outside wall to simplify the vent run, but can also be installed elsewhere in the home and vented through the roof.
BOULEVARD LINEAR DIRECT-VENT FIREPLACES:
The Boulevard Series Direct Vent Fireplace offers a contemporary look with a linear burner and matte black liner. The burner is fully recessed so your fireplace will be filled with lively flames. The Empire 36" Boulevard Direct-Vent Gas Linear Fireplace is perfect for larger spaces and gives your space a contemporary focal point that your guests will love.
It features an electronic ignition system so there is no standing pilot. The system includes a battery back-up for manual or remote operation. With the remote, you can switch the unit to a standing pilot mode, which is recommended in cold climate areas. A beautiful flame dances and reflects inside the sealed combustion chamber.
In the event of a power outage, the intermittent pilot can operate with a standing pilot to provide heat. The pleasingly bright back-lit LCD screen will be your tour guide through the set-up and operation making it an easy process using simple graphics.
The new 36" Empire Boulevard direct vent linear fireplace offers several options including crushed glass media and optional decorative glass droplets. The fireplace comes standard with a matte black interior liner and we also offer an optional black reflective porcelain interior liner or the modern Ridgeback bronze liner.
Decorative trim options are also available in matte black or hammered pewter finish that will hide granite or tile's cut edges, and adjusts from 3/8" to 1-1/2" in thickness to accommodate for most surround materials. The optional Rustic Log Set includes a unique assortment of ceramic fiber logs and stones, plus coiled slivers of stainless steel that react to the light and flames to bring your fireplace to life.
- Multi-Function Remote to control burner, accent lighting, optional blower
- Ceramic Glass: 13 x 36
- Fine Mesh Barrier Screen
- Matte Black Liner (optional liner available)
- Noncombustible Board for top/sides
Must have media such as Decorative Crushed Glass (5 box required, additional decorative media may be added to cover fireplace floor)
- Decorative Front with Fireplace Barrier Screen
This unit does require 5 sq. ft. of Clear, Copper or Bronze on burner (to allow lighting to show). Other colors of crushed glass can be used as accents only.
*Note: Rocks/Pebbles not allowed on burner screen
- Available in 36", 41", 48", 60" and 72" sizes.
- Includes Multi-Function Remote
- Barrier Screen
- Matte Black Liner Included
- Ceramic Glass
- Requires 5-lbs of media, sold separately
- Optional Blower and Light Kit Available
- Direct Vent Multi-Function Remote Control with Variable Thermostat Remote Control
- Battery Backup in case the power is out
- Comes in natural or propane
- Can be tailored to your décor
- Designed with a fully-recessed burner
- Venting: 4" x 6.62" Top Vent Only, 12" min. rise before horizontal (with conventional venting)
- Framing 49 1/2 H x 55 5/8 W x 21 1/2 D (see manual before framing)
- Valve Type: Electronic Ignition
- Designed For Eye-Level In Wall Installation
- 28,000 BTU On Propane & 29,000 BTU On Natural Gas
- Good efficiency – 60 to 80%
- Good heat output with thermal transfer through the glass and air circulation
- Separates room air from the combustion air
- May be used as a primary heat source
- Can operate with a remote or thermostat
- Most systems can provide live-saving heat during a winter power outage